Our Policies & Procedures
It is the policy of YouthNet to allow mentors to transport mentees in their own private cars/vans. The Program Manager must ensure that all mentors meet the following criteria prior to transporting the mentee:
- All mentors must own a car or have access to reliable insured transportation; all safety equipment including blinkers, lights, brake and back-up lights, seat belts, tires, and brakes must be in good operating condition.
- All mentors must possess a valid driver’s license and up to date insurance
- YouthNet requires that mentors obey all traffic laws, and use seat belts and headlights at all times.
- Mentors must also avoid taking medication or using any other substances that might impair their ability to drive.
- If an accident occurs while the mentor is engaged in mentoring, it should be reported to the Program Manager promptly.
If any of the above criteria is not followed, the mentor will not be allowed to transport the mentee in a private automobile.
YouthNet does not allow any mentors to transport a mentee on a bike/scooter, regardless of parental consent.